Game Music Composition: 2dPlatformer: Sound Effects

One of this week's assignments was to remove the sound effects from last week's project, 2dPlatformer, and replace them with sound effects that we either record, create, or find on a sound library. I haven't had to do a lot of sound design for interactive media since my Interactive Audio course back in November of 2015. So this turned out to be a lot of fun! 

I've embedded a screen recording for the assets that I created for this assignment below. 



Here's a screenshot of the assets that we had to deliver.
Some of the sounds may have been difficult for you to hear throughout the video, as I haven't really mixed them yet. I'm not entirely sure how to go about mixing individual oneshots like this for a game, so that will come later. However, I did get them to somewhat sit and not fight with each other. 

In case you couldn't hear everything, we had to create sound effects for the bomb exploding, bomb's fuse before it explodes, picking up the bomb, setting the bomb down, three grunts when we kill an enemy, a gunshot, the health box pickup, three jumps, "ouches," and taunts. I had fun with the bomb's fuse, enemy deaths, jumps, "ouches," and taunts. I got to get out my microphone and do some recording. Then, I went into Pro Tools and did some pitch shifting to make them sound more alien-like. Tons of fun, especially when you're creating sounds for something as ridiculous as a bean who's ship has landed in London and being attacked by aliens. 

As always, I'm open to suggestions on how to make things better. If you noticed something that seemed off, please let me know so I can tweak it.

I don't think I've enjoyed "homework" this much before!

Lennon
Student
Bachelor of Science, Music Production

About Unknown

Yes, I'm named after John Lennon. I'm currently attending Full Sail University to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Music Production. "Position yourself as the only logical choice." -Demo Castellon

0 comments:

Post a Comment