Game Music Composition: 2dPlatformer Project

A new month means a new class! I'm a few months out from graduation and it's slowly starting to hit me. 

This month I'm taking Game Music Composition. I'm not a huge gamer, but I was when I was younger. I'm open to everything music related and the game industry is an $80 billion industry. Wow! Not only that, but writing music for games requires different techniques than writing for a radio spot, commercial for TV, or any other form of media, specifically writing music that loops seamlessly. 

Our first assignment was to write music for an arcade game called 2dPlatformer. It was built by Unity Games to showcase their set of game development tools, appropriately called the Unity game engine. The game has a bit of a ridiculous concept, but that's the fun in games: You can be creative! The aliens have attacked and you are the hero, a bean with a bazooka. Destroy as many aliens as you can while racking up the points. Along the way you can find health pickups and bombs to help you out. 


Game Music Composition: Project 1: 2dPlatformer from Lennon Cihak on Vimeo.

The music you hear in this game was composed by me. You will hear a variation of three, 2-bar introduction loops (before the game starts), three, 8-bar main music loops (during gameplay), and three, 2-bar ending loops (when you die). The picture below shows you what my session looks like. 



I have my intro loops in blue, main loops in purple, and the ending loops in pinkish/red. 

I haven't reached out for feedback from my instructor, so this could be entirely wrong. However, it is my project and I do like how everything turned out. Stay tuned for a revision during this week. 

Lennon
Student
Bachelor of Science, Music Production
About Unknown

Yes, I'm named after John Lennon. I'm currently attending Full Sail University to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Music Production. "Position yourself as the only logical choice." -Demo Castellon

0 comments:

Post a Comment