Music Production for Media: Project 2 Rough Cut

As I continue to trek along in my Music Production for Media course here at Full Sail, I'm finding talents I didn't know I had. Is this because I haven't had any creative output until the last week? I'm not sure, but I know that I'm loving it! And it's going to make me excel and push myself even further throughout the month, and hopefully through the rest of my degree program. 

In this assignment, we were given six options for companies we could write a jingle for. The companies (all fictional) and their information are below: 

  • ShamPuppies
    • A company that creates soap bars in the form of various puppies.
    • Target group - 2 - 10 year old kids. 
    • Slogan: ShamPuppies, let your dog wash you! 
  • Big Barry's Boats of Winter Park (the one I chose)
    • A company that buys and sells boats and water sport crafts.
    • Target consumers -- Adults 18 - 75 years old. 
    • Slogan: Big Barry's got the best!  
  • Tony Tarantella's Pizza
    • A pizza place
    • Target group -- Everyone
    • Slogan: The best pizza in the five boroughs
  • John Howlin Ford
    • A car dealership
    • Target group -- Drivers 16 - 65 years old
    • Slogan: You'll be Howlin' over these deals! 
  • Murphy and Murphy 
    • A law firm 
    • Target group and specialties -- Divorce, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Estate Planning, DUI
    • Slogan: Create your own
We had a pretty diverse selection to choose from. The second I opened the assignment and read these companies' slogans, Big Barry's Boats of Winter Park's jingle came to my head. I instantly had something. There's a commercial that would play every morning before I would go to school in Minnesota. If I can remember correctly, I believe it was the Furniture 4 Less store, but I could be wrong. Nonetheless, the inspiration came from one of those overly-played commercials. So, here's what I came up with: 



The music was composed by me, dialogue was recorded and said by me, and the slogan was sang by me. Although I'm usually not too fond of my singing, I think I did alright in this. I hope you all enjoyed, and I'm always open for suggestions to make things better. 

Take care! 

Lennon 
Bachelor of Science, Music Production
About Unknown

Yes, I'm named after John Lennon. I'm currently attending Full Sail University to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Music Production. "Position yourself as the only logical choice." -Demo Castellon

0 comments:

Post a Comment